The life of a

The life of a

Sunday, December 6, 2009

To Be a Writer

They stare at me with my nose in a book and they wonder what I see. Yet even if I put the words in front of their eyes, they'll never understand what it means. They'll see a bunch of words and laugh. "How could this be any fun?" Well truthfully, it's not - it's so much more than that. It's everything to me, my entire life. It's a transformation, I become who the writer wants me to be. Everything changes, and I feel what it tells me to feel.

"Well how could that be a good thing?" they'll ask. "If it's telling you what to do?" I won't reply because they'll never understand that I read because the world around me is painful. Everything hurts, and my only escape is to read. It's a drug. It's a passion. It's everything to me. Because I can go anywhere I want and I can still be in my own bedroom where I could go right back to sleep.

So they wonder why I would want to write if reading's what I do. I tell them that there's more to this than they'll ever comprehend. They'll never know, theyll never see it, and they'll never have the imagination to see what I can see. A world where I make the choices. A world where I get to choose what happens. There's no end to the possibilities, which makes it even more rewarding.

The ideas spark inside my head, and I know I can take others to this world. There's no perfect way of saying things, there's no right way to write. But one thing is for sure, and that's that i will take them to my world no matter how hard it is.

This is the life of a writer - a life questioned by so many. But if you have to question me, you'll never understand. A writer knows true pain, true love, true happiness, and true imagination. And we stand on our own because it's only us who will ever understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment